New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Hey guys, well it's been about 3 years and, it's time for a new PC.

I'm starting from scratch, i sold my old rig and i'm ready to build a new one. Few things...I want it to be something i wont have to upgrade in the next 2-3 years. I want to go Intel + Nvidia. And i will be ordering it from Tigerdirect. I know if you shop around you can save some cash but, i have always had amazing support from them, and items never take more than 2 days to get to me from TG.com

For what?

I'm going to be using it for, Mainly gaming. Two games i play a lot are World of Warcraft, and Call of duty 4. but i want to get into some new "Next Gen" games. I do a lot of multi-tasking like, running 5-6 web pages (Tabs), WoW, Windows Media player with a huge playlist ect ect...nothing extreme but, i would like it to be smooth.

How much?

Well, for the everything i have a budget of $1500.00, but the lower the better. I am 100% open to any and all suggestions!

This is what i have so far

Display: Samsung 24" LCD
Samsung 2433BW 24" LCD Monitor - 5ms, 1920x1200, 20000:1 DC, VGA, DVI, Glossy Black at TigerDirect.com

Mobo + CPU: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI + Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor 2.66GHz
EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor 2.66GHz OEM at TigerDirect.com

Case: Thermaltake Soprano
Thermaltake Soprano RS101 Black Mid-Tower ATX Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports VG7000BWS at TigerDirect.com

RAM: OCZ Reaper 4 GIG's PC10666 DDR3
OCZ Reaper 4096MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2x2048MB) OCZ3RPR13334GK at TigerDirect.com

Graphic: XFX GeForce GTX 260
XFX GeForce GTX 260 Video Card - 896MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 x16, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, FREE Far Cry 2 GX260NADFF at TigerDirect.com

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB Hard Drive Bundle With Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit DSP OEM DVD at TigerDirect.com

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB Hard Drive Bundle With Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit DSP OEM DVD at TigerDirect.com

PSU: BFG GS-550 ATX Power Supply - 550W
BFG GS-550 ATX Power Supply - 550W, SATA-Ready BFGR550WGSPSU at TigerDirect.com

CPU Cooling: Ultra X-Wind CPU Fan Aluminum Socket 775
Ultra X-Wind CPU Fan Aluminum Socket 775 with PWM Control ULT33193 at TigerDirect.com

So far this is about $1400.00 with tax, and a few small things i did not list. but long as it is under $1500.00

If you could look it over, let me know if i would need to change anything or, if anything is a overkill..and where i might be able to save some cash!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Well I'll be a little more helpful than that... I too used to use only and swear by tigerdirect. I live very close to a retailer so I'd get everything very fast, and very cheap. However if you don't mind the extra 2-3 day wait (sometimes not even) then use newegg. It's cheaper, they have better combo deals, and most times free shipping.

With a 1400 dollar budget you can build a quite a bit better computer. An i7 build would be ideal and completely future proof. I'm not 100% familiar with what's best there so I'll leave that for someone else.

Some critiques to the current build however would be first the PSU. We generally reccommend PC&C, corsair, antec, OCZ, and some others. I would also get a PSU with some more headroom, but that's my personal opinion.

Second, don't get vista ultimate, you pay much more and it's almost no different than just vista 64 bit home premium. You can used the save money elsewhere, like an upgraded gpu.

I'll put together a build that will far surpass what you have there. Give me a minute and I'll edit this

Yeah, go newegg. Pinscher makes good builds too, so I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever he comes up with.

Ahh baron beat me to it, my build was almost identical haha. Definitely try to stretch your budget a bit to get that system. If you want future proof, that is the way to go.

yeah i was making it for a while, then refreshed and saw your post, and i was thinking this will be interesting to compare builds.

That is so sick, i can't believe the price, more ram, better everything..lol

i changed the HDD because, i don't need that much really, i have a second driver with all my media. But with a 22" Acer LCD + Case

it comes to $1,437.91!!

and it comes with a Free copy of CoD 5 w@w(49.99) And Tom Clancy's HAWX (49.99)

here's the display and case

Newegg.com - Thermaltake SopranoRS VG7000BWS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

Also, The graphic card i had at first, i thought was a bit of a overkill....could i get by with the GTX 260 and save $100?

Please crit if anything looks off

The gtx260 is a good card but if you are looking for this to last, I would definitely go for the GTX285

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom