A question about my Dell PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson77

Banned
Alright, I have a Dell PC, with windows XP.

Its very slow, its constantly taking large ammounts of time to load things, playing games I lag incredibly, and even while on the internet, it goes slow and the sand timer thing comes up, I click again and it goes non-responsive on me.

How can I make it faster so I can manuver and have it run as fast as a brand new one.

I plan to get a new computer, but we just dont have the money for it, so at the time im trying to find as many ways I can keep everything I have on my computer, make it run faster, for completly free until I get my new computer.

What are you specs anyway? If they are garbage, we will know what a big part of the problem is.

The specs dont make that much difference. The can help us get some ideas but they are not going to be the determining factor as to why the PC is going slow. People have to remember you dont need a Core i7 to have a decent speed PC. my P4 does just fine for me.

Yeah, I dont know much **** about my computer though. What specs are you guys looking for though?

CPU, RAM, Video Card, Sound Card

You know the basics really. What ever you can give us. If you dont know all of it get SiSandra Software or Belarc Advisor. It will tell you everything.

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Dimension 2400
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Page File: 618MB Used, 228 Available
Direct X: 9.0
Sound: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Video: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Need anything else?

These are what I thought would be best fitted for what might be needed to know.

I have a specific command in "Run" to find these if you guys dont know it though. Let me know.

Well your biggest factor will be your RAM. having only 254MB is low. Like close to bare minimum. So even if we can get your system cleaned up, it wont be all that fast. XP can run with 128MB of RAM but is still a slug. I have run it with 512MB before and still thought it a slug. It wasnt till i hit 1GB of RAM with XP that i felt the system could do something.

Other than that your CPU is outdated like mine. So i would suggest a scan with Osiris's guide. Other than that there wont be much else that we can really suggest other than update. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom