theoretically I have a virus which isn't detected by AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks 100% better

Items 024

Are those legit?

Can you run malwarebytes one last time to see if it comes up clean?

All the O24's are files i've saved myself,a nd they're alll in the legitimate folders and the names are exact EXCEPT this one:

O24 - Desktop Component 3: (no name) - C:\Documents and Settings\Skwissgarr\Desktop\1232214824666.png

that file doesn't exist on my desktop so it's hidden i assume. I ran hjt, removed that file, then ran malwarebytes: saving this to reset pc, will post results in a few moments.

Alright with malwarebytes i just removed two more files:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Thanks for all the advice and help Mr. 28,000 forum posts o_O
peace man.

Hi everyone, skim this briefly, and refer to the rest of the text if you need more info.

I'm using grisoft's AVG 7.5 currently. A few days I sensed something wasn't right with my pc and did a scan using avg. I uncovered about 3 viruses which were trojans, so i deleted them and decided to see how things panned out, hoping they were just an average trojan that spreads itself around. I've been receiving two alerts since i've cleaned my pc, yet did multiple avg scans and it said i was virus-free.

One is a firewall alert to unblock or keep blocking something which is in what looks to be russian font if i remember correctly, which at the time that i seen it, i blocked. The other was an error which related to my CPU. Something possibly about an "illegal error". Only since I did the scan and removed the trojans have i noticed these specific errors. I'll take a screenshot of both of those next time I get them and reply. Also I've noticed when trying to run windows firewall, it gives me this error:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w185/devaughn357/firewall.jpg

I'm under the impression that one of the trojans was designed to create firewall error's to help itself manifest.

If anyone has any suggestions on what steps i could take, it'd be appreciated. I'm not positive on what type of virus this is, since it didn't show up in any of the scans I did. (Including the first which revealed 3 trojans which were files I specifically remember downloading).

Sorry for the long post on such a basic question, but I felt it was better to reveal as much information as possible in this post, just so I don't waste your time.

Also I'm running windows XP sp2.

the rest of my system specs are:
intel core2 duo stock clocked at 1.8ghz
8800gts nvidia video card
gigabyte motherboard
2 gigs of ram

most of that is moot anyway, but that should cover any questions. I GREATLY appreicate any help. My computers health is important, and I'd rather not reformat if possible since I have about 300GB of files/programs which I'd rather not burn to cd's.... =/

peace

you should also install Service pack 3.. this should help fill a few holes in your OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom