Cool job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lian Li PV-1000 case AMD gave it 10/10 in their review, it's well designed, well made, looks good, heaps of space, I could just go on.....
and if he wants, a clear side panel for it

AMD Opteron 850 the most powerful CPU on the market, more powerful than the FX-55

Corsair 2x1GB XMS memory if he wants 4GB memory, he can get 2 of these, I haven't found a single 2GB stick though. I think having 4GB is slower than 2GB so that's something to take into consideration

HDD's: a whole bunch of WD 250GB drives, and a couple of WD 74GB Raptors

OS: Windows XP 64-bit edition when it comes out, but until then, XP Pro

I agree that you should wait for PCI-E to come out for AMD processors, and SLI is looking like a nice idea
if you get 2x512MB 6800's then you'd have a total of 1GB video memory
the system works best if your video card's total memory is half or a quarterr of system memory, so it should have 2GB-4GB

god I hate you all....a rich friend who gives you money for building his computer....jeez....him being rich...jeez.....kold getting a thousand dollars over the course of 2 years.....

I don't have a job or nothing. I get an allowance of $15 every 2 weeks. You think YOU got it bad...:(

yeah but how old are you regulus......if you're 15 then you can't say nothin cause I"m 20 now! lol :D at 15 you're not supposed to have a job unless you're in china....then you can start workin almost out the womb. I wasn't even getting allowance...infact I never really got allowance....besides your system in your Specs is basically what I got except your Graphics card is better...I have 256mb more ram, but it's not in dual channel and it's one stick of pc2700 and one stick of pc3200 running having to be overclocked (by my mobo automatically) to 2x199=398MHz cause I got an athlon 2400+ so the FSB is only 266 :( Hell I wish I had that kind of friend you got...my friend does absolutely nothing all damn day..has NEVER had a job...doesn't have his license and drinks everyday.......not exactly a 'close personal' friend or anything, but yeesh.....hippie needs a job!.

Ok.... I pretty much like what koldapu did with the 8k computer, but I need to add some things. Get 4x SCSI 15,000 RPM drives in raid to boot from, and 4x 250GB drives for storage (a terabyte+ of storage). Get a vapochill on the FX-55 and overclock it as high as you can get it. Then watercool the chipset and dual 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultras and overclock the videocards. Spend some money on an extremely nice case with custom paint job, and enjoy. (This is my dream computer)

Get 4x SCSI 15,000 RPM drives in raid to boot from, and 4x 250GB drives for storage (a terabyte+ of storage). Get a vapochill on the FX-55 and overclock it as high as you can get it. Then watercool the chipset and dual 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultras and overclock the videocards. Spend some money on an extremely nice case with custom paint job, and enjoy. (This is my dream computer)

That's one hell of a dream.....expensive at that

Oh. Ummmmmmm........lol
Yeah!

The Opteron 850 is almost identical to a FX-53. They both run at the same speed etc. The only differenences are:
1) Opteron 850 can be used in multiple cpu environments.
2) Opteron uses socket 940.
3) It uses REGISTERED RAM, which is slower and more expensive.
4) Did I forget anything?

The Opteron would probably be better if you had a quad processor system or a server, but for an extreme gaming rig I think the FX-53 is better. (Or the FX-55!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom