Keyboard Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
Decided starting a thread about my search would yield more replies...

After a while of using my girlfriends laptop.. i've decided to change things up...

I'm looking for a keyboard with more "low profile" keys, as opposed to my Eclipse, which has large standard style keys.. board will be used for gaming and daily use... so far I have considered: Newegg.com - Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard - Keyboards, Newegg.com - RAZER Arctosa Silver 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards, or Newegg.com - Logitech G11 Silver & Black 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards

open to other recommendations too.. I'm no pro gamer so please nothing super expensive, prefer to stay around 50.. (can find the slim one for ~60 if you look hard enough) - there is a higher model RAZER i was looking at too.. but I have no way to try these out before I buy.. so I'm relying on some feedback from you guys...

Well if you are going to game the razer would be the best out of those three, and the g11 keys are plan biggish keys which most people usually find better for gaming. I doubt many people on here would have used a lot of these laptop type keyboards so google reviews, that's always the best way to find opinions, and maybe read some of the keyboards reviews on the egg.

I would really like to see you try some before you buy. My wife likes the smaller razor and I prefer the larger g5. I also use the g15 keyboard but again it is a person preference.

i find it hard to game on a laptop keyboard mainly because of the close keys and them being low profile also makes it hard for me.

like hefemeister said try the keyboards out before you buy them. go to best buy and look at their KB's.

i love the keys of my G15 and the screen is a really nice feature to monitor temps while gaming.

Go with the Optimus Maximus, haha. I would side with the G11, it is a solid gaming keyboard.

I guess it would be nice to try gaming on one before buying.. hmm.. I just know I prefer it for typing...

the main thing that messes me up with a laptop kb is the location of the Ctrl key. which is the key i use to crouch and it's a little different on my sisters toshiba which is what i think confuses me

Well I use the Logitech G15 keyboard and G9 Mouse, and I would say they are both worth the money. The G9 especially, its a great mouse, really comfortable (even though it doesnt look like it would be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom