Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 Bottlenecking my 9800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks guys

And as for 4x MSAA, for some reason 2x is even worse :l

I also got fallout 3 today, and I can play that game with 8x MSAA at 1680 resolution and average 40-70 FPS
so it just goes to show how bad oblivion is coded :)

Both games run on the same engine TekBubs. The difference in code was that Fallout 3 allowed higher texture resolutions.

I have to agree with the case though. Switching motherboards in a Dell is quite the hassle.

most likely it's not as much as you think

have you tried what i said and tried forcing the AA through the control panel instead of teh game?

One way to tell would be to lower the resolution you play at keeping all other settings constant. If you do not see a noticeable change in fps then your cpu is causing the bottleneck.

oblivion is sortove like crysis it will run like crap if you are outside and you max out the game with 4x AA. just play the game with AA off and you should notice a good FPS increase.

With most Dell computers, it is IMPOSSIBLE to switch motherboards, as they custom build their motherboards to only fit in their custom built cases. So if you are getting a new mobo, it probably isn't even an option on whether or not you get a new case, but may very well be a requirement.

Without being able to overclock you really can't tell for sure if it is the CPU bottlenecking. Only thing to try would be to switch it for a faster one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom