will running pc100 and pc 133ram together work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Ok my wifes computer has a stick of 128mb pc100 in it. i Also put in a stick of 256mb pc133. I noticed that the system went to crap and got slow afterwards. I figure that the pc133 ram would run at pc100 to match the other stick of pc100. Is this so? or do they run at different speeds and muck everything up.

Thanks

both sticks will run at PC100 your better off leaving the 256-133 in and take out the PC100

Sounds like it if you're gettin system lockups...or maybe it's dusty or needs a format or maybe the ram wasn't installed good enough...little things like that

best way to find a correct slot is with the tip of your left index finger...just be careful not to touch any electrical parts. you might void the warranty of the whole hand and i tell you finding even spare fingers can be really frustrating. but this is just my opinion.

lol yah, iv been a tech for a few years now, got my a+ and mcse. Was just askin yalls opinion real quick.The ram is seatec correctly and it is in the right spot. I went out today and got 2 sticks of pc133, gunna try them when i get home.

im kinda usin ur topic here, but i have a 128mb p100 in my comp and a 512mb pc133, on cpu z it say the 128mb is 100mhz and the 512mb is 133mhz. does that mean the 2 sticks are workin at different speeds or is cpu z just tellin me about the sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom