some advice for a new computer builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it better to have more cores or more ghz in a processor?
That all entirely depends on several factors.

A fast dual core will outrun a slow quad. Different generations of chips cannot be compared using GHz anymore, as newer chips do more with less (AMD has always done this which is why Intel was always pushing GHz).

Basically, your proposed usage (gaming vs encoding or multi-threading) and the generations of the chips being compared will be what will decide the question.

I have a $1200 budget, and I would like to have a nice frame rate (80+) on highest settings.

well it depends on the games. i don't thinks that they have made a GPU that can run crysis at 80 fps lol

im also getting the 4890 for a 3 reasons

1) it is the top of the line GPU that will last a wile because if it is outperformed and old you can just add another one, hopefully by then it will be cheaper
2) you can over-clock it's A$$ off
3) it haz a gig of gddr5 mem on the card "nothing new"

I have another question:

The mother board has all the peripheral ports in the back pointing out. But the case that I'm getting doesn't look like the motherboard. Should I get another case? or can I manipulate the case so that this works out

Case: Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

MoBo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPOWER X58A LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if I do have to change, can you suggest another one around the same price range? ($60)

thanks

That's the I/O (input/output) shield. You will pop out the I/O shield that is in the case and put in the one that comes with the motherboard, as it will match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom