Mother Board support

Status
Not open for further replies.

`Mike

Beta member
Hey i have this anoyying problem. my main goal here is to get a new graphics card and power supply so i can get better fps and such in games. I have a integrated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7100) and i wanted to know if my mother board could support the GeForce GTS 250. So i am trying to figure out what mother board i have, i check online every where and couldnt find it. I ran everest ultimate addition and it says i have the MSI MS-7399 by micro star int'l. I check there web site and my mother board is not on it :mad: . so my question is what the ****. lol. what kinda mother board do i have and will it support the GTS 250 with a Antec 550W power supply. My computer is a gateway DX4720-03. Any information will help.

Edit****^top info not needed^*****

I figured out that the mother board this MSI Computer Corp. - Product but know i need to know if it has pci-e 2.0 because the card i want (GTS 250) only runs on 2.0

What you need to upgrade to the gts250 is a pci-e slot. A quick look on the internet did not provide a clear answer. The best may be to open up the case and look.

K8NNeo4_PCiex41Dscn9826.jpg

You are looking for a slot similar to the long yellow one in the above picture.

Next you would want to measure the amount of room you have from front to back where the card would go to ensure that the card would fit. Luckily the gts250 is shorted than in predecessor the 9800 so you may be in luck.

Finally you want to see what type of psu you have to ensure that you purchase a psu that will fit inside your case.

The GTS 250 is compatible with your motherboard, however, these cards are HUGE. They are Dual slot, meaning they take up the space as two normal cards. They are also about as long as most motherboards are wide, so you need tons of space inside your case to house one of these. Also, you should check to make sure you do not have anything near the PCI Express slot that will restrict you from inserting this card. For example, if the memory banks or anything is in line with the Graphics Slot, you will NOT be able to seat one of these. As for your hard drives, if you have some bare space between the drive cage and the end of the motherboard, it should fit. Just make sure you check where your SATA ports are. I have a 9800 GTX+ and I had to get the L shaped SATA cables as the card covers the SATA ports. Good Luck and hope you can fit it.

well i changed my mind, im getting the radeon HD 4890 1gb, and the sata cords are in the line of the pci-e slot so i will probably need the L shape sata cord as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom