Monitor dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

Well im looking to get a new monitor, possibly two. The problem is, i cant decide what to get - I could get two 24" cheaper monitors, or a 26" and use my 22", or get a 27" which is a little out of my price range.

The thing is, i do alot of design work and so i want a good quality monitor and alot of the 24" monitors use TN panels. The 24" monitors i can find are:

Benq G2400WD (good reviews - even for a TN panel) - Benq G2400W - WSGFWiki
Samsung 2493HM (decent TN panel, bit more expensive though) - Samsung 2493HM - WSGFWiki

Instead I could buy a 26" TN panel, but im worried that at that size the viewing angles might become a problem. The best ones ive found are:

Samsung 2693HM - Samsung 2693HM - WSGFWiki
LG W2600H-PF - Newegg.com - LG W2600H-PF Black 25.5" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 5000:1 DCR with HDCP Support and Height Ajustment - LCD Monitors

The last option is that i get the Samsung 275T, which uses a better S-PVA panel and has great reviews. The problem with this its a bit out of my price range (although i could do it if i really wanted) and im also worried about the physical size of this thing on my desk, and next to my other 22" screen.

Samsung 275T - Samsung 275T - WSGFWiki

I have looked at the Dell monitors, but the 24" 2409WFP is basically the same price as the 275T over here which seems ridiculous, so I'm not considering it.

So what do guys think i should do? Keeping in mind this is used for both gaming and design work, and that i'm in OZ, so prices gonna be different.

Cheers.

If it was me I would get 2 of the 24" samsungs. I just like having dual monitors running the same resolution. Not to mention I have a 24" samsung and love it.

As a user of the Dell 2408 WFP, which I use (HW calibrated of course) for photography, video editing, and gaming, I would heartily recommend it. I think (not 100% sure) that the 2409 is lower spec despite the name. The 2408WFP is S-PVA just like the Samsung you mention.

There was a very very good Lenovo S-IPS last year, a 22" but with a non-standard (for the size) 1920x1200 resolution, at around 500€ and some great reviews. I saw it on a local PC show and I was pretty amazed, but it seems that it has been discontinued, I can't find it on the Lenovo site, it only appears in the "Support and Downloads" section. The model is 220x. S-IPS > S-PVA any time IMO. I can find it on a local online shop, but can't find it on the lenovo USA site....weird. Price right now is 560 Euro including taxes.

Yeh, i was thinking about the 2408WFP - but considering i can get the 27" samsung for cheaper, i thought that would be a better deal.

Has anyone else got experience using a 27" with another smaller monitor?

EDIT: Turns out i can get the Dell 2709W for less (with a coupon and discounted) than the samsung, or the other dell 24". The only thing is it has reports of an input lag of 47ms or more. Has anyone got this monitor and can share their opinion??

The dell has better colors but the benq new24 that u didn't list has some of the best colors I have seen on a tn while still having an amazing response time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom