RAM issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inked

In Runtime
So my problem is that when I install one stick of ram the computer will boot but when I try both stick of ram it freezes and wont boot. I tried both of them separately and they both work just not together.

Did you test each stick in both slots at different slots? Like stick a in slot 1 and then slot 2, and stick b in slot 1 and then slot 2 etc? Also try going into the bios and increasing ram voltage.

Ya I tried running the sticks like that but i didnt try increasing the voltages, how much should I increase them.

As Slaymate said give us the ram model.

If you could also give us the rest of your computer specs that would help.

Are you trying to install windows?
Are you adding new ram to an existing system?

You have tried all possible combination with the 2 sticks?

Have you reset cmos?

updated to the latest bios version 1.9.2.3 BIOSTAR ?

run memtest although since they both work separately probably not an issue.

After that you are looking at bad ram slots on the motherboard and time for a RMA.

Ok, so I just installed the second stick and got into the BIOS and it showed me having about 38XXMB of ram, but when windows tries to load it says it has encountered a hardware change and has failed to start.

How many Memory banks do you have on your motherboard? If more than two, try putting one stick in the first bank, then the other one in the third or fourth. Hope this helps.

I have 4 memory slots. I am going to try to re-explain my problem, When I put one stick in everything is fine, but when I install my second stick in any slot it starts good posts fine but I am then met with a black screen that says that a recent hardware change might have caused windows not to load. It gives me options on how to start (IE safe mode, normally) none of those work, but when I get in to the bios it shows me having all the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom