need a new laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z e i g

In Runtime
im going to college soon and i need to buy a new laptop seeing as i fried my old computer. i wanna buy a brand new one, with DVD/CD, about 15" screen, usb ports, 2 gig memory, 250 HD, and a good quality machine and processor that doesnt over heat all the time. (and ability to hook up to wireless net on campus)

most importantly i wanna spend a MAX of 500$
is there any site that i can get all of that without an O.S. already installed, i have a Vista Black so i dont really wanna pay for an O.S. if i can get it for cheaper without it.

anyone have any sites where i could find this (even with O.S. already on it)?

THANKS!!!

P.S.- im really sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot, i read the forum rules and i couldnt find why i wouldnt be aloud to but if im in the wrong with this one my bad, and would a administrator be able to move it to the right spot? thanks again!:confused:

DANG so nvm ab the budget, its actually a 1500$ one now haha!
so ya any idears?
so total stuff i need on it (with some added things)
-dvd/cd
-15-17" SCREEN
-2-4 gigs of memory
-250+ HD
-good processor
-cooled well
-protective case available
-prefferably no OS already on it
-long battery life

Does this mean that you want to eat up the entire 1500 or do you want to save some lunch money for next week?

You're probably not going to find a laptop without an OS, since laptops come from major companies and they always have OS installed + bloatware.

Newegg.com - MSI GT627-218US NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Qosmio X305-Q710 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P7450(2.13GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS - Laptops / Notebooks

And of course you'll get the 32-bit OS. :(

If you plan on carrying the laptop around with you I would consider getting something smaller than a 15.4'.

I would honestly carry a 17". But that is just me, I'm not one to whine about a little extra weight. I wear plenty at work. 17" inch screens are nice on laptops. I just don't like the heat.

I wouldn't want a laptop larger than a 13.3". In my opinions laptops are meant to be portable so that should be the main priority when buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom