Gaming Pc $3000 limit! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it has a really bad viewing angle, i owned the older mfc and i must say it was as good as i thought it would be. i would try going with scythe or another good cooling brand like silverstone, they should be a lot better quality. The fans you control are up to you, the cpu cooler will have its own control which will be in a pci bracket slot and other then that you just choose which ones you want to control, for me it's usually which are the loudest fans, maybe the GPU facing fan for when your not gaming etc.

Apparently it has a really bad viewing angle, i owned the older mfc and i must say it was as good as i thought it would be. i would try going with scythe or another good cooling brand like silverstone, they should be a lot better quality. The fans you control are up to you, the cpu cooler will have its own control which will be in a pci bracket slot and other then that you just choose which ones you want to control, for me it's usually which are the loudest fans, maybe the GPU facing fan for when your not gaming etc.

Thanks for the help and suggestions :)

Another thing is I have been watching a lot of videos on youtube and wondering if I should have a bigger power supply so when the time comes to upgrade I won't have a problem?

I know you are totally against that Pinscher lol but what would be a good Modular PSU that would eventually be running SLI cards and maybe another HDD?

Also I think I am addicted to M.I.A. PAPER PLANES...I have now listened to it about 40 times...lol no idea why... sorry for that but the **** thing is stuck in my head...

Lol i like that song too. its addicting.

as for the 750w PSU, that will power another GTX285 and another HDD just fine. You will be set with the one you picked, don't worry.

Lol i like that song too. its addicting.

as for the 750w PSU, that will power another GTX285 and another HDD just fine. You will be set with the one you picked, don't worry.

Ok thanks...I just have my friend barking at me to get a bigger one so if I do some big upgrades in the future... I mean if an 850 is only a little bit more expensive...why not?

I also looked around for some more Fan controllers...what about the Newegg.com - Scythe KM02-BK 5.25" Bay Fan Controller - Controller Panels

850 really is totally overkill. I promise you. I'm sorry but your friend doesn't really know what he's talking about. eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts Here is a really good pus wattage calculator. Put in your stuff and it will show you that you need under 600w with your cpu oc'ed to 3.5. If you add on another card, you will need about 691. This is also taking into consideration the fact that capacitors get a little weaker over a long period of use (a couple years)

that fan controller looks pretty good too.

850 really is totally overkill. I promise you. I'm sorry but your friend doesn't really know what he's talking about. eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts Here is a really good pus wattage calculator. Put in your stuff and it will show you that you need under 600w with your cpu oc'ed to 3.5. If you add on another card, you will need about 691. This is also taking into consideration the fact that capacitors get a little weaker over a long period of use (a couple years)

that fan controller looks pretty good too.

Ok I'll tell him to shut up then lol...

So what is going to be the best Heatsink to use... I have been doing some research and the Thermalright "Limited Edition" TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink (Socket LGA 775 / LGA 1366* / AM2 / Xeon*) - FrozenCPU.com seems to be one of the best... pricey though... I would also need the Thermalright LGA1366 Bolt-Thru Board Mounting Kit (Ultra series / HR-01 Plus / HR-01 4U / HR-01 3U / Ultima-90) - FrozenCPU.com to go along with it... It has 2 clips for fans so I could get a "push/pull" effect going... would these be good for it... Newegg.com - Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans... Also would this thing even fit in the case I want to go with... Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ09-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

looks good. That Heatsink is the best you can buy for Air cooling, to get better performance you'll wanna look into water cooling. and the fans are really good. Overall a good setup.

Ok so after doing some thinking..... Would I be better off going with this case... Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-B71 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases mainly because after the purchase of the additional case fans the Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ09-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases will cost about the same if not more... any suggestions?

There were no reviews on the Lian-Li case I looked at but I'm sure it's of great quality... I wonder how effective the fans/cooling in the case are? Should I buy new fans or see how the 4 in the case do? There are 2 140mm ones in the front blowing on the HDDs and then 2 120mm exhaust fans in the back... any suggestions? Also I wonder if the Thermalright "Limited Edition" TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink (Socket LGA 775 / LGA 1366* / AM2 / Xeon*) - FrozenCPU.com will fit?

The case is all personal opinion. It isn't as subjective as hardware, it's really about what you like. All Silverstone and Lian-Li cases are of the highest quality available. The TRUE with fans and all that stuff will fit fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom