Scriggly Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuDawg

Baseband Member
I want to know what the Scriggly Lines are from?

f4pmzc.jpg

I can be running games and other things just fine (and wont ever get a line), and then every now and then I'll get these lines. Even sometimes when I start my machine I get code that looks like this:

OOO OO
+++ ++

That's not exactly what it looks like, but it's close "Plus signs with Circles above them, but they are attached" (and my windows wont come on, and my monitor goes off, but machine still loading, when I get the circle and plus symbols). Also, haven't seen this in awhile, but use to it would give me a "nv4_disp" error (maybe it got fixed in and up to date Nvidia driver), which I looked that up from top to bottom, as well as my scriggly line problem, couldn't find anything that helped my situation, I've deleted old drivers and added new drivers, but who knows maybe I missed a driver... anyone can tell me if they heard of this before, and how to fix it... or maybe you haven't heard of it, but might know a fix for it. Remember I'm not sure if I got every driver, so if you think fixing a specific driver might help, let me know... I'm up for a solution :D

Thanks,
Joshua aka LuDawg

Try and hook up your pc to a different monitor to see if its your monitor that's bad. it kinda looks like it is but im not to sure.

If you don't know if you have every driver, just open device manager and check to see if anything has a yellow exclamation point next to it.

what video card do you have?

my guess is that the card is artifacting because the card is old and dying or just overheating. so give us some temps too.

Try and hook up your pc to a different monitor to see if its your monitor that's bad. it kinda looks like it is but im not to sure.

I'll try that in a day or two, don't think it is either, but you never know huh?... trial and error seems best with computers. :)

carnageX said:
If you don't know if you have every driver, just open device manager and check to see if anything has a yellow exclamation point next to it.

I opened it, didn't see any yellow exclamation points, I thought that was in a different area though?, not the Device Manager, I could be wrong.

philbar71 said:
what video card do you have?

my guess is that the card is artifacting because the card is old and dying or just overheating. so give us some temps too.

Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT, card isn't that old, I had to RMA it awhile back (about a year and a half ago), I think they just sent me my same one back but with fixes to it... at least it looks like a refix. Anyways it was doing it then, I sent in the RMA, and it seemed fixed... but it started back up after awhile, can't recall how long it took. Maybe it is dying?, but I'm not sure... I think that is what they told me when I did the RMA (artifact error), maybe I should try to RMA again.

And it was getting hot, I didn't realize how much dust I had in it, and didn't know about any HEAT temp monitors out there, to guage my Temps untill recently. It was getting 67c idle, but got up past boiling point (100c) several times while playing. I recently cleaned it, now I'm getting 47c idle, and around 77c playing a game for hours.

If it's being reproduced within a screenshot...then I highly doubt its a monitor issue, as that wouldn't be able to b seen in a screenshot if that were the case.

Well, it had to be the artifacts being messed up, cause I did an RMA at EVGA and sent in a picture... got approved, sent my video card on it's marry way, and now I'm waiting for it to come back :) Thanks to those who helped, I might have to visit this forum more often, I like helping people as well :D Anyways, I'll try to come back and repost as soon as I get the new card in, that's if I'm not tied up in gaming :D

You may get a free upgrade, the 7800 GT is a bit dated and they may not have a replacement so they might send you the next best thing they have on hand. I've heard about that happening a few times.

Dauntae

Well it solved the problem, but naw they just sent me another 7800gt... ah well, it works that's what counts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom