Antec 1200 Quad gpu folding rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Each set of bays is thumb screwed in. The silvcer thum screws aren't into the hds, but into the fixture that holds the hard drives.

The whole thing is 5 1/4 drive size, and the bays allow 3 1/2s to fit.

antec1200-015.jpg

Legit Reviews - Antec Twelve Hundred Gaming Case Review - Moving inside

I'm not referring to the thumb screws. Why would you cut out something that is screwed in? Look, the bays are all part of one large unit. If he is cutting something out of there then he MUST be cutting the main unit. Like I said this isn't hard to illustrate. I gave you a picture.

Those bays you posted are removable. Why would you cut something that is removable? I'm talking about the frame that they screw into. Notice the full drive bay structure is one complete unit. Those bays screw into it.

I think at this point we need more from phil....after all its his project not ours and I for one am not exactly sure what he's planning.

Ok, taped and into the cutting, hoping to get it finished this weekend but it all depends on how good the kids are. Here is the plan, some of these cuts have been done but i'll post photos once they are all completed. You'll notice I'm putting in a hole large enough for an IDE drive, I have an old one lying around I might use for the OS.

Cut plan:

Motherboard tray:
- 24 pin power
- front panel power etc...
- SATA connectors
- IDE connector
- Sound
- 4 pin power
- 4 to 6 PCIe power connectors
- onboard case fan power supplies

Case:
- top left corner for rear fans
- front drive case mount for SATA power and data connections
- front drive case mount for fan quick disconnects
- top of case for front panel USB and sound
- top 200mm fan wiring

Drive mount casings:
- SATA data and power supplies (side)
- SATA data and power supplies (top and bottom)
- quick disconnects for front fans.

Might have missed a cut or two, will update if needed:

Picture268.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Not sure if that's directed at me or zmatt....

And as for cutting something that is removable, many reasons, I'm cutting mine in order to pass wires through the sides rather than the back, that way they are hidden and don't block the air flow.

Into the terminal block wiring, holes are cut:

Backside of the motherboard tray, most of the wires should pass under the mobo....is going to be a tight fit behind that tray with this many wires. You can see the re-wiring of the fans has been started, all the molex connections have been cut, those in the front will get quick disconnects from the terminal block while those in the back will link directly to the block (bottom right corner)
Picture289.jpg

Trying to keep future builds in mind, this is in case i want to run bottom level HDDs on the same SATA power supply as the DVD, can sink the cable down through the HDD trays to pick up any drives as needed. Not worried about that now as it will only be a single, small HDD for the OS and basic programs.

Picture274.jpg

Holes haven't been filed yet, that was fresh after the cut.

that's not a bad idea, drilling those holes out for the sata cables. but if you dont have any HDD to put in there why dont you just take the HHD cage out and leave the fans in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom