best processor/RAM for Asus P5LP-LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In doing more research, it seems as if it might be better to use only 1 PSU (the automotive one) for the caputer. I turns out that the M4-ATX power supply has a configuration in which will enable it to act as a normal PSU, turning the computer on with a switched connection to the battery or an AC-DC convertor, but not sure if the latter statement is true (making it work with an AC-DC convertor), still trying to make sure it will work.

Not sure if anyone's still watching this post, but wanted to keep anyone who might be watching updated on what I've found out about doing a carputer conversion with their old computer. This seems to be pretty straight forward and really only requires a power supply that will work in a car setting. So, I could just put the automotive PSU into my current case, mount it to the car, connect the touchscreen and audio amps and I'm ready to go.

I decided to make my own case also, I think this will give me ultimate control of how large the case needs to be and also control of component locations. Plus I just don't have the money to spend on the case I want, so I just went to the hardware store and picked up some things. I will take pictures and post as I progress through this process also.

One thing that I'm looking for is a cool grill for a 120mm fan. I found a couple that were functional, but not very aesthetic and was wondering if anyone could recommend one. Preferably one that connects to the case independently from the fan, so that I can put the case together and move fans without putting the fan grill back every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom