is this the best hdd for the buck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have chosen wisely.

Sorry for the Last Crusade quote there but that is the drive I would get in your situation.

I don't really follow drives to close but that should be one of the fastest. I think the Seagate 7200.12 might be faster but I hear a lot of people had problems with them. Also you can get a 74GB raptor for about $100, though I wouldn't.

Yeah, it's predecessor the caviar blue 640gb also excelled in write speeds and these blacks with the higher cache are little bit quicker.

I'm jumping in a bit late but yeah, go for the Black, definitely. I used to run it as my system drive until I could afford a Raptor X, and it is a very good HD for the price. It's still in my system now and I'm very happy with it.

Let's hope they get a similar 2Tb drive soon so I can buy one or two. :D

Yes the Caviar Black is one of the best drives. I went out today to go get one but came back with a new 7200.12...

I went out today to go get one but came back with a new 7200.12...

The 1.5Tb? I've been thinking of getting one but I hear that there are some firmware problems.

EDIT: Scrap that I just remembered that the .12 1.5 Tb is not out yet, it's the 7200.11 1.5Tb with the supposed firmware problems.

Nah the new dense single platter 500GB.

So for my new pc i have a Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS and programs) + Samsung 500GB Spinpoint F (movies, music etc) + Seagate 250GB 7200.10 (for giggles).

Im gonna make the biggest benchmarks thread this forums ever seen. The harddrive benchmarking should even prove to be fun (old vs new seagate generation vs the popular spinpoints). Also some video testing (with and without SLI) and the obvious i7 love-in.

Very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom