*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Yeah, but if it can handle it for an extended period of time.. that's the real question. Along with the NB/SB voltage required to hold up an OC on 2v to the CPU. But, you could easily fabricate a few DICE pots for the NB and just drop a pellet in it.

OH! and when you go around checking out DICE prices, make sure you ask for pellets, and see what sizes they have and get prices for all different kinds you can get. I got 5/8" diameter pellets and they worked fine, anything larger than that and it might get volatile as you'll see in a video I'll upload in a bit. When you add a lot of the liquid to the DICE it gets quite volatile and such. It's actually amusing, but a bit scary at first.

sweet :D

i ran like 1.6V through the NB to get it stable for super pi. and the funny thing is that it even passed 3 rounds of intel burn test. but 4 or more it would fail. so it might be stable enough for some 3dmark 06 and vantage :)

nice Apok...love that 4ghz OC on that PII

...something mildly interesting here, I'm comparing the E7200 and E8200 (3mb vs 6mb cache).

Identical setups, same rig, same day :D (480 x 8, 1152 ram 5 5 5 12, Win7 64)

(Best of 3 runs)
E7200 (3Mb): 13.260
E8200 (6Mb): 12.168

just goes to show that with super pi the cache size does not matter as much as the architecture. my old pentium D 940 with 4mb of cache did 35 seconds at 3.77GHz super pi loves the core architecture.

..but when comparing within the same architecture cache surely does matter as shown in my post above.

well what i was saying is that it dont matter that much :p

Eh, a solid second is pretty definitive in my book.

That's basically the difference between my e6600 at 3.78ghz (13.515s) and my e6600 at 4.09ghz (12.453s).

Back
Top Bottom