What if temps start to rise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the temps rising to? Temps go up when the component is doing something. Whether or not it is too high, we cant say unless you tell us what the temps are.

One of his temps was around 73 degrees Celsius. I am not for sure what that was for but I am thinking the video card. I know one thing that would help is if he blowed out all the dust. I would bet that they have never blew the dust out at all and it is eight years old.

His hard drive temp was around 45 degrees. I am not sure if that is high or not. Comparing his temps to mine, it is high. My hard drive temps are around 30 degrees.

There were two other temps showing mid 30's which is fine.

Yea, if it is 75c idle that is a bit to high and needs to be cooled off... If the gpu or NB is 75 under a HEAVY load then it is ok IMO. Best thing to do, is clean all fans, and heatsinks off, use a long bristle paint brush to get into deep spots to get the really fine dust out that canned air can't remove easily, probably upgrade the intake/exhaust fans, blast air into the psu to remove some dust....

EDIT:

BTW, IMO, the hard drive temp listed is safe, I have seen some drives hit 60C easily because they are in hotswap bays and still work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom