Windows Randomly Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hymn

Solid State Member
Well im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place here, but i have a desperate situation here.

My computer is an eMachines T1842...

I have added memory to it over time so now i have about 600+ mb or so. The most recent thing i added to my computer was the game Counter Strike. Im not too sure if that could do anything to cause this action. My problem is that when im randomly on the computer, playing counter strike, or just chatting with friends on AIM, or not even doing anything... my computer will randomly restart. Im not too sure but i was browsing around stuff on my computer and in the Propertys of "My Computer" it shows this:
comphel.jpg

If you see that i circled the "Automatically Restart" or something... i believe this error could be something of a system failure... anyways, can someone please help me? Or what should i do? Please help.

PS. i also know i cant uncheck the "Automatically Restart" but i want to fix the error im having.

What temp is your processor running at (idle and at speed)? Is all of that "randomly" added memory the same speed and type? What is the wattage of your PSU?

Ya need to uncheck that box so windows will give you a BSOD when it crashes. It could be alot of different issues. Heat, bad ram, your new game is buggy etc...

ok, im not a computer tech here so 1st... where can i find out things like "temp processor running at (idle and at speed)" "what is the wattage of my PSU"... also what is a BSOD?

also, all of my so called "randomly" added memory is speed compatable and stuff like that... this computer i have now had for about 1 year and 1/2 or more and i got the memory when i bought my computer.... everything like that is good... also in reply to kboy the game cant be too buggy or so cuz it works fine on my other computer.

please help me out people... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom