Ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have recently finished a build using the 7750 chip and have 4 gigs of OCZ gold 1066.

But after installing everest it reads my ram to be 800 and not 1066.. I read sometime back that this will happen unless running a phenom chip.. I was under the impression that the 7750 was a phenom chip with 2 cores disabled.. am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

Agreed w/ the Otis. Sometimes motherboards default voltage is not enough so the RAM automatically downclocks. Also, if your motherboard does not support 1066 RAM, you won't be able to get 1066 speeds in the BIOS.

that mobo supports 1066. asus is notorious for having a low ram voltage as default. thats where i'd start.
about the other...you are correct, your mobo will run ddr2 1066 with am2+ only (which your cpu is).

Thanks for the reply's,

It will run 1066. I have the Bios OC program maxed @ 10%, I don't know poo about setting timings manually, last time I tried that I fried my cpu :(

so if you guys could give some pointers.. with out google (thats what I did last time)

I would be forever grateful and send you a gift of 1,000 beautiful woman ;)

in your advanced bios menu you should have a setting that says "DRAM voltage". it is probably set to "default" (which is probably 1.8V). your ram needs 2.1V. to get the EPP settings it wants 2.15V (but will probably run fine OCd with 2.1V).
i'll be expecting delivery of my 1000 women :)

After you set the voltage, you will probably also have to set the speed via another setting relatively close to the DRAM voltage setting. Usually you just get to choose from set speeds the motherboard thinks is good and is an appropriate ratio to the FSB, so 1066 should now be an option after the voltage increase.

Can I have 500 of those women?

Sounds good, however I wont have the time today to do it. and it may be a day or two before I can.

I had a major Virus on my main and my 2 month old GPU on a dif PC just died (PCI PNY 8400 gs) so just took out the 8500 PCI-E I was using for PhysX on my main and popped it in the blue monster. (updating the drivers as I type this)

and where do I ship the woman once everything is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom