rate my computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, all you have to do is touch something metal and you'll be safe.

Hahaha, man that Bulldozer case is hideous. And you're right Pinscher, there are no hard drive cages? Where do you put your hard drives and such? Please don't get that case.

Forget anti static wrist straps, just build the thing naked.

Here's your i7 build sir.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P + OCZ Platinum 6gb DDR3 1600 kit
WD Cavier Black 640gb + free locking SATA cable
XFX GTX 285 1GB + free XFX wireless PC/PS2 controller
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2433BW High Glossy Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - Logitech 920-000325 Black 104 Normal Keys 14 Function Keys USB Wired Ergonomics Wave Keyboard - Keyboards
Newegg.com - Logitech G5 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse
Newegg.com - Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speaker - Speakers
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

All that runs you $2,104.17, then you get a whipping 110 bucks back in rebates.

I kept your same peripherals (keyboard, mouse, speakers), updated your monitor to a 24", since the 22" you had was way overpriced. I also figured in two of them, yes.

The GTX 285 will more than handle the resolutions, and most any gaming you want to do as well as your graphic work. And it comes with a free controller. That rocks.

Wow this build has changed a lot since I last checked in. That i7 build with 2x 24" monitors and all peripherals looks very good! Does he already have an OS and DVD drive picked out? I didn't see those in your build, hikari.

Oh, I didn't link to the drive, haha.

Fixing.

He seemed to need an OS, I forgot about that too...there can be some tweaking though. There are cheaper, but decent monitors to go with.

haha I misunderstood, when you guys mentioned i7 I thought you meant the i7 motherboard, not the CPU, yeah, sorry bout that xD

Are you thinking we meant the 780i/790i series? Lol...no, we were talking about the fastest CPUs on the market. :p

heh, yeah, quite silly indeed.

1. I was hoping to get 2 hard drives to run in raid 0. But i just get two of that combo I suppose. But wait, why do I need to buy a SATA cable, I thought it came with the hard drive.

2. I'm not well acuited with the i7 measurement, QPI ~GT/S, whats QPI 6.4GT/S compared to, lets say, 1600/1333MHz?

3. bit of an overkill with that gpu o_O

4. shouldn't I get memory from the gigaybyt recommended memory list? http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-ex58-ud4p.pdf

Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory , this memory is recommended by gigabyte and seems to be similar to the one you suggested. not a very good review rating though. and a bit more exp., however I do have the security of being assured by the manufacture that it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom