Intel Build for Gaming/Folding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Not going to build this just right away, but want to get everyone's input on a good Intel build and something that is going to bring some serious PPD. Looking for bang for buck and not so much as top of the line stuff.

I hear the GTX cards are much better on folding and the CPU's can overclock like crazy. So with that in mind I want to see where this goes. I'm going to make a wish list in Newegg so I'll have something to look forward to.

PC only, no externals.

the build i have in my sig runs about $1200, and with one gtx 260 overclocked + two i7 SMP instances in vmware i'm getting 12k ppd...with two gtx 260's i'm hitting 20k ppd

Looks pretty good, only thing I don't care for is the Seagate HD. And also have to add another 100 bucks for OS.

Would probably change HS to Core contact.

EDIT: 20k PPD?

Looks pretty good, only thing I don't care for is the Seagate HD. And also have to add another 100 bucks for OS.

Would probably change HS to Core contact.

EDIT: 20k PPD?

I've used Seagate HDD's for quite sometime, haven't had any problems. Bad batches come out now and again. If you rather go with Wester Digital, I'm sure they're around the same price.

that gigabyte board the otis picked out sucks. dont get the UD3R version get the UD4P version, much better. def worth the price diff.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Really? I didn't know it sucks. I googled it today and read a 5 page thread about it on another forum, about what people are getting for their OC's, I didn't see anything about them sucking. And I wouldn't always go with the Newegg reviews.

I also chose it because of the price and triyng to keep the price under his budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom