overclock 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.
My humour's all here, I was merely pointing it out. ;)
Sorry if it came accross a different way!

TMT. :cool:

If you are wealthy and live in the country, Satellite is about your only hope for now. The ironic thing is that most people who live in the boonies are far from rich. Thats why broadband doesn't service those areas anyway. I know about this because I am unfortunate enough to live in one of those areas. If broadband isn't available in your area, chances are you live in an area where many people don't even have computers, so it would not be cost effective to spread cable or DSL support into your area. Something has to be done about this though....we are progressing into a time when 20Mbps Internet is going to be readily available (like in Salt Lake City.) Politicians need to quit arguing about stuff that doesn't even matter and start trying to get something done. Its a shame that there are still people that have no other option besides dial-up, which usually connects at 26.4 or lower in the boonies...

beedubaya said:
If you are wealthy and live in the country, Satellite is about your only hope for now. The ironic thing is that most people who live in the boonies are far from rich. Thats why broadband doesn't service those areas anyway. I know about this because I am unfortunate enough to live in one of those areas. If broadband isn't available in your area, chances are you live in an area where many people don't even have computers, so it would not be cost effective to spread cable or DSL support into your area. Something has to be done about this though....we are progressing into a time when 20Mbps Internet is going to be readily available (like in Salt Lake City.) Politicians need to quit arguing about stuff that doesn't even matter and start trying to get something done. Its a shame that there are still people that have no other option besides dial-up, which usually connects at 26.4 or lower in the boonies...

exactly-you know what i'm talking about. by the way, i was born in clarksville

LoL 20MB WOW?! Im stuck wth 56k because i cant afford braodband otherwise i could get 1 mb in my area. ive heard of compression software but never tried it.

BRoWZ said:
LoL 20MB WOW?! Im stuck wth 56k because i cant afford braodband otherwise i could get 1 mb in my area. ive heard of compression software but never tried it.

Yea OnSpeed uses compression software to boost dialup speeds.
It also works with broadband connections too.
Here is a review of it, which is basically what the general opinion is.

TMT said:
I should also add, overclocking is the wrong term to use concerning this matter, since there isn't a clock to start with. It is impossible to overclock a clock that isn't there.

HAHA LOL

gizmo90 said:

HAHA no...

Overclocking refers to a clock that is pushed to run faster than its advertised speed. I don't see a clock inside a modem... ;)

Every computer has an internal clock which controls the rate that instructions are performed. A processor requires a set amount of clock ticks (or clock cycles) to perform each instruction. So, the faster the clock, the more instructions the processor can perform each second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom