revenge2

In Runtime
Hey there, I have this old P4 processor,

INTEL
PENTIUM 4
3.00GHZ/1M/800
SL79l MALAY
L413A791

Im trying to find a MOBO that supports this processor and for a Nvidia 6600GT(AGP-8X 128MB DDR3 128bit) graphics card and DDR1 RAM.

Im not sure what to look for but would this MODO work for the above?
Foxconn 661GX7MI-S

-thanks.

PS: nice site layout, haven't bin on in awhile.

don't know how soon you need it, but I have a server mobo for a p4 (that was really dang good back in the day) made by intel. I still have a 6800ultra in it. If you are looking for that, let me know. Give me a couple days as it is at my parents house, but I could get it if you wanted it.

don't know how soon you need it, but I have a server mobo for a p4 (that was really dang good back in the day) made by intel. I still have a 6800ultra in it. If you are looking for that, let me know. Give me a couple days as it is at my parents house, but I could get it if you wanted it.

Oh thanks but its much easier for me to go with this one:).

Another question, the mothered supports the socket LGA775 would the processor i have be compatible, and also if i wanted to, would i be able to change the processor to a core2quad or core2duo on the same mobo?.

[EDIT]

and ahh can i put ddr2 and ddr1 ram in one mobo?
(sorry, completely lost when it comes to hardware..)

You can't stick DDR1 and DDR2 together...besides, that board only supports regular DDR.

It will support your P4 if it's socket 775. P4s were made for both socket 775 and 478 (423 as well, but I'm pretty sure there were no 3ghz models for that socket). You need to look at your current motherboard and see what it has.

Also, why are you buying a new P4 mobo? You may as well build a new machine, really...

bummer just took out the MOBO, its a 478. Im looking for a new one because the mobo is fried and i dont have enough cash to buy all the parts lol.

[EDIT]

ahh crap, pulled everything out. You're right might as well try to get a new one.
How much do you reckon i could make for a

P4:3.0ghz prescott
2x512mb DDR ram.
Asrock P4S61 MOBO (blown...lol)
Nvidia 6600GT 128mb.
random case.
& dvd writer.

any ideas?......

from my estimate i could only buy either a new processor or a MOBO with the sale of ALL that...
sigh..Im always 5years behind technology lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom