Files I delete on my USB flash drive keep coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
I have a USB flash drive with a SanDisk MicroSD card in it, and whenever I delete everything on it the files just keep coming back whenever I plug it back into my computer. This never happened before so I'm not sure what to do. I tried right clicking on the removable drive and formatting, but I always get a message that says "Windows could not format this drive." Same thing happens when I go under disc management and try to format it from there. Also, when I right click on the drive the option to delete partition is grayed out.

Anyway, if anyone can help out in anyway I would be really grateful. This has really been driving me crazy.

make sure you have admin permissions and that it's not set as read-only....if that still doesnt work try deleting the partition table in disk management (right click my computer then Manage) and recreate then format

Tried the Highlight Shift + Delete and the files came back.
Checked to see if it was read only and it wasn't and I do have full admin privileges.
Can't delete partition in disk management as that option is grayed out.
I even tried all of the above on a separate comp on Windows XP and it didn't work.

Seriously, what the ****? And what's even more peculiar is the fact that these are the very same files that I could delete before up until today. I even plugged in my other flash drive with the SAME files and I could delete or change any files I wanted permanently.

Can always try booting into a GParted LiveCD and then formatting the flash drive with that.

Tried all of the suggestions above except the LiveCD thing to no avail.

/sigh

I guess I'll just have to give up on this, as it's simply not worth my time anymore. It did only cost me like $6, but it ****es me off that it's stopped working only after like a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom