booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiocan

Baseband Member
Hi,i have a asus k8v se deluxe mobo,installed new 80gb hdd,with xp ,when i try to boot i get the asus k8v se deluxe,press del to run screen,then it goes to next screen says scan devices please wait,then a third screen ,that gives you the choices of safe mode,last known config. and start normally,no matter what i hit ,it keeps cycling,did a fixmbr,and a chkdsk from xp disk,did not work,can anyone help,thanks

Don't think I understand. The comma's over-powered my fried brain.

You have a new HD w/ a fresh install of XP and what is happening exactly?

I am sorry what I meant was did you install win xp on the new hard drive when it was installed in your computer or was it installed with xp on another machine?

You may want to try a repair install of windows or a full reinstall if this is the case.

xp was installed on another pc,works fine on the pc i installed it on but when i move it i get the cycling,unhooked everything but the hdd,still will not boot into windows,hdd is recognised in bios,could it be the mobo or cpu.

Since it was installed on another computer it does not have the proper motherboard and device drivers on it.

You can either do a repair install http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx then install the proper divers for your equipment along with the needed windows updates.

Ideally the best option would be to do a full reinstall of xp on your computer then install the proper drivers.

You can find the proper drivers here.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

i tried that first ,but it would only go to 39 mins ,then ask me to insert the disk which was already installed,looking for some file,tried this a couple of times,so then i installed it on another pc and it installed without any errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom