DICE Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. If I can find the copper to do it sure. This is heading over to Nos once I'm done with it... Actually I was surprised at how cheap it was.. We (my dad and I) only spent around 20 bucks at most.

Not bad at all.

Is it a flat base? Or did you machine it to increase the surface area?

Ok team Tech Forums! I've gotten the DICE, pics on the way soon I promise :)

Got 50lbs of this stuff so I've got lots of chances to test things out. First off I did an absolute cold run, and the temperature inside the pot was below -50*C. My thermometer doesn't go below -50*C as it's just a house thermometer (digital) and doesn't have the need to go lower.

My second test was to test out the cold bug for the processor (AM2 4000+ X2 Brisbane core) It did cold bug on me, it just shut off when I got below -17*C. (As I type this I'm waiting for it to warm up to start OC'ing :) ) I had it running on 1.35v and it didn't take a lot of dry ice to cool down quickly, 2 pellet's took me down about 9~10*C in the pot. The pot temperature and the core temperature vary quite differently which was a little surprising. When it shut down at a core temp of -17*C, the temperature of the acetone inside the pot was at 10.2*C. So there's a disparity of about 25~30*C at any given point between the liquid temperature in the pot and the core temperature.

More numbers later :)

hmm, sweet. i might be interisted in doing a dice run on my q9300 and old pentium D :D

just got to find some dry ice around here

Nos says that it's around a dollar a pound in Cali. I paid 30 for 50lbs, there was a 50lbs minimum, so you should be around $.50~$1.50 a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom