P4 vs P4 ee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
Is there anyone here who has used a pentium 4 ht and pentium 4 ht extreme edition. I was wondering what comparisons can be made. Are the EE's really that much ? Would it be worth the money to go the EE route instead of getting a 3.6 ht.

If I were going to spend that kind of money, I would go for a high end AMD Athlon 64 or FX processor. The EE's are great, but they are a little pricey for what you get. The Pentium 4 EE is basically just Intel's response to the Athlon 64/FX chips for gamers.

yeah the only difference is that the ees have a larder l2 cache (2mb).. other than that theyre the same.. never actually heard from neone that has one of these.. but i heard they run kinda hot :confused:

indeed, and for the money you could probably get a 3800+ or even an FX-53. and it would probably be faster than the 3.6 :)

do you mean the LGA775? coz u can already buy them, they were meant to be some kind of competition... lol.

yeah, i wonder what AMD and Intel are going to come out with next? its going to be interesting, i wonder if intel is in progress with a faster CPU than the FX-53 and soon-to-be-released FX-55?

probably are... its a very competitive field :confused:.. u can spend like 1200 bux on a pc one day and wake up the next day to see it outdated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom