Something strange happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
My cousin called me up last night because his computer was not acting right. He told me it froze while he was using it so he had to turn it off manually and when he turned it back on, it stuck at the screen with the big E logo. This is an fairly old emachines computer. So I go take a look at it. When I got back there he was able to get it running. So I ran a few tests, memtest for the memory and hd tune to check the hard drive, nothing came up.

Come to find out it was his ipod causing it to freeze at the E logo. While his ipod was connected it would not boot for some reason. If we unplugged it, it worked fine. If we left the usb cable plugged in but unhooked the ipod, it still worked fine. So obviously the ipod was causing the trouble. Has anybody else have this happen? Why would the ipod cause it not to boot?

I've seen stuff similar (people leaving an SD card in a card reader, or a flash drive in the usb port). And that's essentially what an iPod is...just a flash storage device similar to either of those mediums, and some computers are picky about that.

yeah, back with my old DFI board it would refuse to boot if i had my ipod plugged in as well......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom