SLI gtx 260 screen flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys, i just upgraded my q8200 for an i7 920 and a second EVGA gtx 260 c216 superclocked edition, the only problem is that when i run the cards in SLI i can't run 3dmark vantage cause it has tons of screen flicker.....it doesn't do it without SLI enabled. ....any idea what might be causing this? i'm afraid to upgrade my drivers because last time i did i couldn't flip my screen (which i have to do for the way i have my setup)....it says the resolution isnt supported or refresh rate which is 1920x1080...any insight or thoughts? also i'm running vista x64 sp1

haha also i'm pretty ****ed at this asus P6T mobo....if i run the cards in both of the pci-ex16 slots..the upper card has NO ventalation...so i have to put the second card in the x4 slot...

on the bright side, the two gtx's with my i7 on vmware i'm getting about 17k ppd ^_^...and i could boost it more when i overclock..just havent figured out what loop i wanna buy haha

thanks, downloading now....i'll give this a whirl and see how it goes

well i upgraded successfully....haha screen rotate works as well! thanks....but sadly the problem persists. Do you think it could be a bad card? it does this in both of the pci-e slots as well, so it's not that the second card is limited to 4x bandwidth (curse you p6t).....

yeah i switched cards, and now i'm getting some screen tearing......i think it might be a bad card, so i'm going to take it back to FRY's ....woot for 15 day return policy

but all these problems only occur in SLI...when i disable it it works fine even on the "suspected" card

Can you take a pic of the cards in SLI when theyre close together? You got me freaked out now because i want to run SLI on that exact same board.

yeah ......this is how it is...
285x5820classifedme3.jpg

i dont know how in the world those things get enough air!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom