New build coming up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Just want you guys to look and see what you think or if there is possibly better prices on something that I have or whatnot. I'm trying to put this build together for my girlfriend, she is jealous of my computer and wants something pretty similar in performance.

Although I need to try and shave a few dollars here and there. She just has come tax refunded dollars that is about to burn a hole in her pocket, and if it keeps her off mine...

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - LITE-ON SK-1688A/B Black 104 Normal Keys PS/2 Wired Standard Keyboard - Keyboards

Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Subtotal: $1,000.89

Well I went with EVGA since they have excellent CS. Not sure about MSI.

Maybe end up getting smaller HD, she likes to download alot of junk so.

Unless your girlfriend games or overclocks, you could save some money by just getting a board and using the onboard graphics, or just a cheaper gpu. Also, you could save some on the cpu with just a standard edition 710. Last you could probably also find a cheaper board since she's not going to crossfire or anything.

Well she will be playing some games, not exactly any graphic hogs.

She mostly plays WOW and some other online games when she does play. She does more media type things like watching youtube, dvds...etc.

So I wouldn't stick her with on-board honestly. Maybe I should get her a 4850 and then just put it in mine when she's not looking :D

that is a nice deal the Black pi's are great, smaller hdd will help, i find that i hardly ever even use up my 320gb. but you should keep the black edition it's prob a smart move for resale value and also if you ever decide to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom