couple of quick questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant7701

Solid State Member
hey guys. new here and starting to prepare for my newest build. My last build was about 3 years ago so I'm out of the loop now and looking to build a nice fast reliable pc. No overclocking and no real gaming, more for home entertainment and stuff.....I'll be here searching and picking your brains for a bit but my first couple of questions are....

Bluetooth and wifi??? does motherboards now come with either built in??? or only card add-ons???

when looking into motherboards......I have had bad experiences with msi and gigabyte. And my current board is a Asus. What other brand names should I be looking into....again. Fast and reliable.....not overclocking.

thanks in advance guys......i'll be back

well my last build is a micro atx case I think. Its got 4 larger bay drives and 2 small floppy drive bays. Stands up about 15 inches.....I def don't wanna go larger than that. And a buddy of mine just built one of those smaller box case pcs.....and he keeps telling me how quiet it is and all so....I have considered it but not sure if the video card is gonna fit.

Use is gonna be web, itunes, videos and mp3s, photochop, etc....I used to play WoW on my current build but vowed not to go back ;) but I might consider a game in the future

I have a $2,000 limit and this will be my first gaming comp.
these are what i am thinking or getting
My computer specs
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)
8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4x2048]
640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850
HP 2009m 20-inch 16:9 HD Ready Widescreen Monitor
Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
Premium Wireless-N LAN card

tell me what you think and what should i get ?

I have a $2,000 limit and this will be my first gaming comp.
these are what i am thinking or getting
My computer specs
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)
8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4x2048]
640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850
HP 2009m 20-inch 16:9 HD Ready Widescreen Monitor
Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
Premium Wireless-N LAN card

tell me what you think and what should i get ?

Post it in the High Performance/Gaming forum with as a new thread.

huh....lol.

can anyone help me out with my questions please??? bluetooth and wifi???

what other brand mobos to look at??

i am pretty sure that asus does not make a matx mobo with built in wifi. i dont recommend any other mobo besides asus, i have had nothing but stellar luck with them. I always liked my am2 abit, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom