usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehgit

In Runtime
When I plug a flash drive into the usb port, I can tell that the computer knows it's there, but when I try to access it I can't find it. It shows up in the device manager tree (with no ID except "mass storage device") but when I click it, nothing. There is no icon and no autorun. The flash drive is good; it works on other computers; just not on this one. I have a feeling that the port is just bad; it is an old computer, but was hoping it might just be a software issue. Machine is running XP Pro. Any advice is appreciated.

I am downloading the most current driver right now to see if that works.
--I have also tried the other usb ports (front and back) on the machine with no success--

it could be a problem with drive letter assignment. go to start>run and type "diskmgmt.msc" without the quotes and hit enter. if the drive shows up in that list right click on it and select "change drive letter and paths" then assign it a drive letter.

No. It doesn't show up there either. I have installed the driver update but haven't had a chance to check to see if that remedied the issue.

-SparkMonkey: It's a work machine.
-Baez: It's an Atvia 4gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom