Urgent. PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we have numerous tutorials on the subject and we're always here to help.

Hi, Nagasam, can you please link those tutorials ?
And what what softwares should I be using to test exhaust and hardware stability?

Prime95 is what I use, also there's Intel Burn Test. They stress all cores of the CPU to max, so you can get an idea of how stable your OC is, as well as what your max temps will be.

Prime95 is what I use, also there's Intel Burn Test. They stress all cores of the CPU to max, so you can get an idea of how stable your OC is, as well as what your max temps will be.
hi hikacloud, thanks for the quick reply
so that mean I could actually use the above two applications to test the stock stress before "OCing" as well then ?

You can, if you want to see your temps, but with that heatsink you got there, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

The E8400 overclocks like mad. I would just throw up up to 3.6 and test it myself, lol.

You can, if you want to see your temps, but with that heatsink you got there, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

The E8400 overclocks like mad. I would just throw up up to 3.6 and test it myself, lol.

according to my rig what is the calculation to throw it up to 3.6 ? :confused:

according to my rig what is the calculation to throw it up to 3.6 ? :confused:

Go into BIOS setup, check your available multipliers (these multiply the FSB frequency), divide 3600 by the multiplier and there you go, the necessary FSB frequency to achieve 3.6Ghz (or 3600Mhz).

Go into BIOS setup, check your available multipliers (these multiply the FSB frequency), divide 3600 by the multiplier and there you go, the necessary FSB frequency to achieve 3.6Ghz (or 3600Mhz).

my parts haven't arrived yet lol... just wanna get all the concept in mind before I starting burn my board...

:D
thanks for the tips

I believe the highest multiplier on the E8400 is 9x. That would mean that you need to set the FSB at 400MHz in order to achieve the proposed 3.6GHz. Do not leave the RAM on auto, once you set the FSB select something that's a bit lower than the rated RAM speed until you are done testing the CPU stability. But you will find all that in the aforementioned tutorials. There's a lot of helpful stuff on these forums to get you started.

^^ finally the shipment arrived...
here comes the question...
what testing softwares should I use ?
please provide links as well

Well, some of the standard stuff to use: Prime95 for some stress testing (let this run for at least 8-16 hours). Intel Burn Test for crazy intense, faster stressing. MemTest to make sure your memory is stable once you finally overclock it. Core Temp will come in handy to monitor and log temps while stress testing. SpeedFan for temp and fan fine-tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom