Help lowering my ping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric5000

Baseband Member
Hey guys! I need help lowering my ping! Whenever I play games It's often too laggy. I found this tutorial once- but it's only for people using under xp! So I can't use it. Are there any ways or tutorials etc. to lower my ping?? I currently run xp home edition. I really want to lower it- even if it's only about 50 points or so. Any help??

-Eric

um ping is your internet connection it has very little to do wit ur comp wut connection do u have? Dail-up?

Yeah what he said is correct. Ping is determined based on your internet connection. If you want to increase it though don't have have browsers or any other programs running while your playing your game. This can cause it to be quite slow, believe me i know.

When I was on 1Mbit broadband, my ping averaged around 20, now that I'm back on dial-up, i never get anything below 250. :( I guess dial-up isn't enough for online gaming anymore....

I thought if you have too low of a ping or too high of a ping it would be bad. I always thought that a ping around 100 is the best. Goo to download.com and search for something called Zilla connection accelerater, dl it and instal. Change your settings according to the information it gives you.

Musjunk22 said:
I thought if you have too low of a ping or too high of a ping it would be bad. I always thought that a ping around 100 is the best. Goo to download.com and search for something called Zilla connection accelerater, dl it and instal. Change your settings according to the information it gives you.

wow...have you ever played online games???how can too low of a ping be bad? in some cod servers i play in...if i have a ping of like 80+ then my shots wont register for like a second or so. too high of a ping is something obviously you dont want...just my .02$

-Corey

I always like to play on soldier of fortune 2 with about a 60ping....I don't like going above 80 because it's too laggy for me =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom