Such thing as a UV LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt uv lights made from some sort of gas? im not sure and if it did i dont think it could be a led

I think you are thinking of black lights. Those are flourescent tubes with gas in them that makes light appear, but its the coating inside the tube that gives it the UV effect I believe

Nubius said:
I think you are thinking of black lights. Those are flourescent tubes with gas in them that makes light appear, but its the coating inside the tube that gives it the UV effect I believe

right, but they're not "black lights" they flourescent (?). I attended a seminar on plasma (the gas inside the tube) and the electric current flowing through makes it glow. pretty cool actually

Nubius said:

and they ar available for pc's

yeah like I said I'm not 100% sure...but yeah the tubes are flourescent tubes, but its the inner 'purple' looking coating that gives off the rays...I think it just blocks all the light except the UV or something to that effect.

if it was plasma inside that tube it would have melted right thru and prob burned you even if you were 10 feet away. its gas not plasma. plasma is superheated gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom