GeFoce video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L J

Solid State Member
hey guys... im having a few problems with my new video card... i bought it off my friend and it seems to work ok except for a few problems... i have this exact http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-140-024&DEPA=1 and i cant seem to get it to display 256 colors... ive ran the VGA CARD DRIVER installer for it but it seems i still cant get 256 to appear on the drop menu under properties>settings maybe theres something i missed? any help is appriciated...

what option DO you have, it wont go above 256 or can you get above 256, like 16bit/24bit/32bit? Either way, probalby driver issue

killians45 said:
what option DO you have, it wont go above 256 or can you get above 256, like 16bit/24bit/32bit? Either way, probalby driver issue

Actually, the only way to get XP to display 256 colors is through compatibility mode. Microsoft realizes that there is no need for 256 colors anymore except for in old games, which can easily be applied by right clicking on your shortcut, clicking properties, selecting the compatibility tab, and checking the box next to run in 256 colors.

well the drop menu displays 2 options.... medium (16 bit) and Highest (32 bit) its also gives poor display when i look at certain sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom