Decent water cooling for ~$200

Status
Not open for further replies.
you want tubing that is resistant to kinking, does not matter about how easy it is to bend, unless they are talking about it's hard to bend without kinking.

ok thats what i was afraid of.. but the red tubing was a different diameter and I was reading it was harder to bend... but i gues in my fairly large case that should not be a huge issue huh?

Generally speaking either 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD, and 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD are the de facto standards for tubing. Both have relatively thick walls which make them less likely to kink and cut off the flow of water. Thin walled tubing is just a headache to deal with.

The Feser stuff and Primochill colored tubing are both great to work with and look good under uv light if that's your thing.

Generally speaking either 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD, and 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD are the de facto standards for tubing. Both have relatively thick walls which make them less likely to kink and cut off the flow of water. Thin walled tubing is just a headache to deal with.

The Feser stuff and Primochill colored tubing are both great to work with and look good under uv light if that's your thing.

That is exactly what I wanted to know thank you - I will get the red tubing then... where do you water cooled guys pick up distilled water? chem supply store?

That is exactly what I wanted to know thank you - I will get the red tubing then... where do you water cooled guys pick up distilled water? chem supply store?

Distilled water you can pick up at any old grocery store in the US.

Other countries it can be a bit trickier to find.

Ok aspire, one last thing.. Petra didn't have some things in stock, so I kinda built my own kit based on theirs... heres what I have:

Swiftech Apogeeâ„¢ GTZ CPU APOGEE-GTZ 1 64.95
Waterblock (1/2" & 3/8",
Intel Socket 775)
Swiftech Apogee GTZ SWIF-GTZ-CI7 1 9.95
LGA1366 Mounting Kit
Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN NUKE-PHN-10 1 2.50
Concentrated Biocide
(10mL)
PTS Ultimate Radiator PTSURC-MC320 1 67.99 Select Fans = YL D12SM-12
Combo: MCR320-QP Edition
7/16" ID (5/8" OD) 716-MSK 10 0.59
Masterkleer General
Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Stainless Steel SSWORMCLAMPS 10 1.00
Worm-Drive Hose Clamp
Danger Den/Bits Power G14DBFB12 2 2.50
"Fat Boy" Fitting (G 1/4"
Thread, 1/2" OD)
Swiftech 1/2" Fillport 12FPF-CPB 1 9.95
Fitting - Chrome

I then bought a MCP355 and XSPC reservoir top from another site and some red tubing (PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Red Tubing)

Is there anything I'm missing???

the tubing is extra (was only 5 bux... but just incase i messed up soemthing or needed it for some reason).. the red tubing i bought is 1/2"

hey aspire... if I want to run a line to make draining the system easier.. what do you suggest? was looking at this: Koolance G1/4" Brass Inline Drain Valve Fitting (VLV-XTSPL) - FrozenCPU.com

and do I want to go to homedepot and pick up some thread tape? the stuff plumbers use.. or is it not needed?

Petra's Tech Shop

+

Petra's Tech Shop

Set it up just like a T-line except have it pointed down. If you want to go a cheaper route, just get that T fitting and a tubing plug like this.

Petra's Tech Shop

You only need PTFE/Plumbers/Teflon tape if your using fittings that screw in and don't have O-rings.

-aspire

I went with a Y and a plug, if that sounds ok... I thought It might allow me to keep the tubes a little cleaner this way (can zip-tie the drain tube along the line to keep it from just hanging around) - I figured I'd just mount it with the Y going opposite of the flow direction... also... does the drain line need to be put into the lowest part of the loop.. or will anywhere do?

Petra's Tech Shop

+

Petra's Tech Shop

Set it up just like a T-line except have it pointed down. If you want to go a cheaper route, just get that T fitting and a tubing plug like this.

Petra's Tech Shop

You only need PTFE/Plumbers/Teflon tape if your using fittings that screw in and don't have O-rings.

-aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom