Wont recognize Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace08

Beta member
Hey so im hoping someone will be able to help me solve this issue.

I got a dell vostro 1710
(core 2 duo, 2gb of ram, nvidia geforce 8600)

I got a standard keyboard that you plug into the USB port on the lappy. I havent had any problems with it before but now when I plug it into the computer it wont recognize the keyboard anymore. Im not sure why this is I never did anything that would cause that to happen. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

have you tried to plug the keyboard into another computer to see if it works? Have you tried to plug in another USB device in the laptop to see if it works? Start there to see which one is the bad guy.

well its not in the device manager.... i havent tested it on another comp but when i plug it in it lights up the num/caps/scroll lock then it goes away. I have tried other usbs and nothing.

when its plugged in it has to be in the device manager, if not then the computer isn't recognizing it. make sure the driver for it is up to date, try using the exact same USB port it was on the first you used it (when it worked) cuz sometimes certain devices kinda register to certain ports. also if their is another power supply for the key board then try that, seems like it just doesn't have enough power. also is all of your other USB ports being used? could be all sorts of little things but try factoring in these things first then let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom