DICE Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
So for my senior project, as some of you know, I'm doing some tests on dry ice cooling. I've gotten everything done and just wanna throw up some stuff that I've done with it. Only problem is my dry ice supply went out of business and the other 2 companies that I was expecting to get from as a back up aren't open on the weekend. Also the board I'm using lacks a lot of overclocking headroom. It maxes around at 1.350v which is ridiculous and doesn't let me take the CPU above 2.94ghz.

Here's the setup:

CPU: AMD Brisbane 4000+ x2 (2.1ghz stock)
MOBO: Zotac 8200
RAM: OCZ HTC Reaper 800mhz 4-4-4-12 Stock
GPU: Onboard 8200
PSU: Antec Basiq 500w

Copper pot is custom fabricated out of 2 3/4" copper pipe, 1/8" thick, approximately 10" high. Fiberglass based insulation. Socket sealing is done with modeling clay. Pretty basic stuff. Will have a video up in a while.

Since I don't have any dry ice at the time of typing this, I just did a basic test of some acetone and some ice (water ice). I was able to achieve a 20*C drop on both cores.

Overclock:
Speed: 2.94ghz
Frequency: 280
Multiplier: 10.5
HTT: 600mhz
Voltage: 1.350v
NB Voltage: 1.22v
RAM Voltage: 2.1v

p4120201.jpg

p4120202.jpg

p4120203.jpg

p4120205.jpg

p4120207.jpg

p4120208.jpg

p4120209.jpg

A decent mobo would have gone a long way here. But still doesnt detract from its awesomeness.
Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I don't have money to get a board and a GPU, so I'm kinda stuck with the setup... It's a sexy board though... nice color to it. I just need to figure out how to do some manual voltage increase on it. haha.

Too bad you couldn't afford a TA790GX 128M. It's got an awesome overclocking section in the BIOS. It also has over-voltage. You can set the standard voltage to 1.525v max (if I remember correctly), and you can push more voltage through a separate setting. 1.7v suicide runs anyone? :p

But I'm really excited to see what you can do with this thing.

Actually, if I could, I'd drive up there and we could DICE my 720. I've been wanting to do it anyway.

I dunno about all that...we'd need some LN2 for that. This is the current WR for the x3 720: CPU-Z Validator 3.0

The old record that got me all excited was here: CPU-Z Validator 3.0

That second guy is using the same board as me. ;) The board can definitely handle hitting the WR, it all depends on the chip and cooling now.

Haha. If I can find the copper to do it sure. This is heading over to Nos once I'm done with it... Actually I was surprised at how cheap it was.. We (my dad and I) only spent around 20 bucks at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom