Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I'm not liking the i5's. Sure, cheaper, but a whole different socket? Really? 1366 is the socket that should stick around this time around, it's not like how 478 came first, and 775 came out before it died, or 754 to 939 in the same vein. Now they're coming out with a socket that basically limits the user to never be able to upgrade to the high end unless they buy a whole new motherboard.

On a budget, i5s will be fine I suppose, and true, your average user upgrades once every few years and something new will be out by then...but I still don't like being limited.

I'm waiting for i5 :)

same here.

the only real diff between i5 and i7 is the memory. i5 will only be dual chanel DDR3. and seeing as how i all ready have some mad overclocking DDR3 i will most likely go for it. and i5 is supposed to have a 4 core HT enabled CPU that is priced around $200 with SLI and crossfire mobos :D

Someone I know on another forum just got a D0 version and got this clock on the STOCK cooler :/

i7cpuz.jpg

It must be roughly 20 below 0 where ever they are testing that. Also, you do realize i was able to push 4.5ghz on my c0 before i smoked it and the board due to stupidity right? The new d0's are just lucky chips.

69C 4.2 w/ sock cooler. :drool:

It seems like these are running cooler and using less vcore for the same clocks.

I saw a thread with 16 920's all clocked to 4ghz with an average vcore of 1.22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom