ASUS or ABIT Motherboard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
O.k...I almost got the parts for my PC, that I'm upgrading, except for the motherboard...I want to know your opinion, as well as proffesional review if possible...well I want to know which motherboard is better...ASUS A7N8X (Link) or ABIT NF7-S (Link)
Whatever motherboard you recommend, please post your reason as well. Also, I want to buy the Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU (Link)
, it's a pretty big heatsink and fan, so is it going to fit any of the boards from above? :confused: Any help is appreciated guys, thanks. ;)

Abit without a doubt. Asus has slipped in quality over the last year.

Abit's are built to withstand heat (to a certain extent) and are dedicated to overclocking. They are completely customizable and are packed with features. They are by far the best motherboard manufacturer out there.

If you want me to give more detail on why I say they are the best, then just let me know.

Red Beret

I don't have the time right now (I am leaving), but I will reply to your PM tonight.

:)

Dude, abit and asus are two good companies that make boards better than any other. I see asus used for gaming more though, i also think abit has more to do with intel than asus. Just a thought.

MicroBell, you mentioned that the boards have eliminated the problems in newer versions...how do I know that I'm actually buying the newer version? (I posted links in the original thread of the boards I'm intending of buying) . Oh, and another question...I want to buy the Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU (see link above) , will it fit both boards? Please post screen shots if you can. Thanks guys.

MicroBell said:
The versions are stamped on the board or on a sticker on the side of the last PCI slot (Will also be on the box the board comes in). Not sure what version the Asus is in...but the NF7 series is ver 2.0. Most suppliers are selling that version...but you may need to confirm that with them.

Just make sure you ask them this question when you are ordering. It's not that hard for a computer store to get in different MoBo Versions.
Although I love the number of people that call me about CPU Batch numbers (especially when I have to order them in) :rolleyes:

Abit, Asus gave me a lot of problems regarding hardware compatibility believe it or not with a videocard recently.

I would go with Abit. They support higher voltages (good for OC'ing) Although I don't think you ever need the high settings :confused:

Abit without a doubt. Asus has slipped in quality over the last year.
Finally someone else see's that ASUS is slipping....ASUS sucks man.....if you speak taiwanese then you'll have no problem with tech support otherwise you are screwed.

Asus gave me a lot of problems regarding hardware compatibility believe it or not with a videocard recently.

Wong is completely right...this is why I bought my current MSI board because when I tried installing my FX 5700 256mb card it'd freeze and I've already helped about 4 other people with similar problems on ASUS boards...they suck now and aren't all they are cracked up to be. It seems ABit is the way to go for stability and compatibility reasons, not to mention great OC'ing options.

I see asus used for gaming more though, i also think abit has more to do with intel than asus. Just a thought.

....any motherboard can be used for 'gaming' and abit doesn't really have 'more to do with intel'.......ABIT makes boards for AMD...as simple as that...but yes you need to get the NF7-S2...if you go to zipzoomfly.com when you order the NF7-S2 for $77 they'll automatically upgrade you to the next board up...the NF7-S2G which has a gigabit lan card installed and is just the next version board.....make SURE you get NF7-S2 and not NF7-S that's how you know you got the right version.

If you go ASUS I'm gonna say the chances of you having some sort of problems with it will be 70% but that's only my opinion. Thankyou Agex...finally someone has realized that ASUS is no longer a supreme quality maker board. I don't know what is up with their boards and not wanting to accept compatibility between the previous generation cards, but I went to their customer support and a guy named 'ZYC' from taiwan writes back

'You need new card...some motherboards to new for cards...you need send back your card and get new one'

I replied 'Screw that, its your sh!tty boards thats givin me the trouble not the card'

I put the card in an older and less known motherboard company (Azza...anyone hear of this?) that my friends computer has and the card worked fine...but not in a newer ASUS board with nforce chipset? Right....anyway...hehe..enough rambling.....get Abit.

Check it out, here's a link to the version you'd want to get...the NF7-S2....and it's the link to zipzoomfly and they still have the offer to auto-upgrade you to NF7-S2G

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240143

EDIT: Not that this needs to be longer, but yeah the ABit board you linked to isn't the 2nd version so DON"T get that board you need the one that says NF7-S2 or atleast NF7-Sv.2 or something to that effect

Nubius said:
Finally someone else see's that ASUS is slipping....ASUS sucks man.....if you speak taiwanese then you'll have no problem with tech support otherwise you are screwed.

lol... I thought that I was the only one on these boards who realized that Asus is full of sh1t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom