Ultimate Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipnvn

Baseband Member
I'm looking for some help with a very cheap system I'm planning on putting together. I need help knowing what good brands and good components are on the lower end of things. It's going to be a system used mostly for light computing - little to no gaming, lots of office tasks, regular web browsing, probably some streaming video (a la youtube) and video and picture storage. Any build ideas? I'd love to have some suggestions to get me started. I'm looking for under $300 w/o the monitor, but cheaper is better!

Thanks guys!

holey! not trying to hijack or freepost in your thread man but.. Trotter.. i just went on to newegg.ca to see how much that build would work out to in Canadian and the motherboard went from $73.99 (American) to $123.99 :eek: the only difference i see is that the newegg.ca has M2+HP and the other one dosnt?
whats the difference?

and other then that, that looks like a real nice build for 300$ :) it amazes me how over priced prebuilds are now that i got into doing this, i went on and built something i seen in a futureshop flyer and the one i built was almost identical and a litle more then half the price :confused: just putting in my 2 cents :p sorry

The Canadian dollar is weaker than the American. You might be able to put it together for less on NCIX, as the Egg is not always the cheapest in Canada.

i'll tell ya this,
find any 780g mobo, the cheapest you can. i have an asus 780g mini atx in my HTPC and it runs VERY cool, very quiet, and can pretty much handle any kind of DVD, video, AVI, or streaming video i put it too. i am extremely happy with my 780g. if you do not need a dedicated video card, it is the way to go.

That's not a bad build at all, Trotski.

The onboard on the mobo is good for light gaming anyway, so that'll work fine. I can play FO3 at medium settings alright with my 790GX, and the 3200 isn't that much less of a video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom