Overclock on HIS IceQ4 Turbo 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I used the auto tune in the CCC. I have the fan manually set to 70% and during the test it was at like 98% usage and never got over liek 54C.

1. Is that a pretty good temp for a gpu? I was pretty sure it was.
2. Auto tune put it at 690mhz gpu clock, and a 1100 (2200)mhz memory clock. That is coming from 650 and 1000(2000) respectively. Is that a fairly nice OC? Do you think I will see much of an increase?
3. I noticed through CCC I cannot set the gpu clock past 700mhz, am I simply just not ever going to be able to with any proram?
4. I remember with nvidia control panel on my last rig, I would set my OC, but at the next bootup it'd be back to factory settings. Will this happen with my OC using CCC?
5. Last, should I used any other type of stress test, or is the auto-tune function plenty?

Thanks in advance

I used the auto tune in the CCC. I have the fan manually set to 70% and during the test it was at like 98% usage and never got over liek 54C.

1. Is that a pretty good temp for a gpu? I was pretty sure it was.
2. Auto tune put it at 690mhz gpu clock, and a 1100 (2200)mhz memory clock. That is coming from 650 and 1000(2000) respectively. Is that a fairly nice OC? Do you think I will see much of an increase?
3. I noticed through CCC I cannot set the gpu clock past 700mhz, am I simply just not ever going to be able to with any proram?
4. I remember with nvidia control panel on my last rig, I would set my OC, but at the next bootup it'd be back to factory settings. Will this happen with my OC using CCC?
5. Last, should I used any other type of stress test, or is the auto-tune function plenty?

Thanks in advance

-54C is fine for a gpu.
-Not a bad OC, probably about average for that card, but nothing too spectacular.
-CCC has a lock above 700MHz, other programs will let you go higher.
-Most of the time they will go to factory settings on boot because if you have to reset because you oc'd too high, it would make sense that it goes to stock settings.
-Run some sort of 3dmark test or game for a while. If it goes through without crashing or artifacting then you're good, if it crashes or artifacts at all then bring your OC down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom