Would it run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I've been reading up on watercooling and it really has been interesting to me. I've been wondering if the power supply and the rest of my PC would be enough to run a water cooling setup. Right now I'm not sure I'm going to get one but if I would sometime in the future, I would like to know if I could. Using CPU-Z, here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-Core Procesor 2.10Ghz
MotherBoard: ASUSTek Computer INC NARRA3 with NVDIA Chipset MCP61.
RAM: 3072 MB DDR2
GPU: NVDIA GeForce 8800 GT OC

I don't overclock my system at all, but I do use nHancer for my graphics card and it tends to run warmer (I can hear the fan on it kick in to "over drive"). I also tend to stay on the computer for a while, so that makes it run warmer too (as well as in the summer when it gets hot outside).

Water cooling would do little for you except for looks. I'm guessing your computer is a prebuilt so overclocking won't happen, and water cooling your gpu is a bit silly (if that's all you cool) If you wanna go for the cool factor, water cooling can do that for you, but it's a lot of money, around $270 for a good setup.

Sorry, I completely forgot the power supply. I have an Antec 500 Watt. I'm not exactly sure the temperatures I'm running at because I haven't found a program that works for me and will tell me the temperature. Do you guys know of any? Thanks for the guide also.

Thanks guys, I ended up using the HWMonitor. This first screenshot is fom when the pc was idling, with a few programs like the internet up (I'm using Google Chrome):
idletemp.png

Here are the temps after a few minutes of running a game with the "over drive" fan running:
loadtemp.png

The uptime of my computer was around 3 hours when I took these shots.

P.S Don't pay attention to the PC name, when we bought the PC we didn't use my name...

Don't expect much better from water cooling, it is only to give more stable temps from idle... I have an Athlon 6000+ stock with water cooling, not great parts, but it idles and runs about what yours all runs at.

Water cooling will give you better idle and load temps with the right setup.. But when your max temp is 50*C and you're not going to OC, I wouldn't bother with water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom