And it begins, New Build: Project HAFshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is on its way now.. I switched to the OCZ platinums after reading up on it more... case will be finished with painting tomorrow, stuff will be coming in starting tomorrow as well.. I want to rig up a fan infront of the reservoir, and perhaps use a push/pull setup on the radiator.. be we will see... I can't wait to get started on this thing.. but man was it expensive! spent about 300 on the water setup alone...

you will be glad you spent that much on the water. just be carefull.

I assume you are referring to getting water on the board? I am going to install the water setup and hook it into the psu with nothing else in the case... I assume that is the best way to test it for leaks..

Finished painting, the satin turned out really nice, looks blotchy in the pics (camera flash) but it actually looks really good in person, not perfect, but good. Not bad for my first time painting anything important... got it all put back together and I have all the parts less the watercooling stuff, which will get here monday or tuesday... can't wait to get started...

DSC_1115-1.jpg

DSC_1116-1.jpg

DSC_1117-1.jpg

DSC_1123.jpg

DSC_1124.jpg

What brand paint and primer did you use for the case painting? I plan to paint mine too but trying to get input first (before it arrives)

Ahhhh i love cases that are black on the inside, makes that computer look mad when all the led's are on, good work!

What brand paint and primer did you use for the case painting? I plan to paint mine too but trying to get input first (before it arrives)

Krylon indoor/outdoor satin and flat black paint... and duplicolor self-etching primer...

Not sure about the quality of either compared to others.. but they seemed to work pretty well..

Finished running the lines... I had a REDICULOUSLY hard time getting it right.. the res is not the one to get if you wanna utilize the top fillport in the HAF... the ONLY way I could figure it out is to loop it around and in.. which should work fine... otherwise it went pretty well.. aside from only leaving me one drive bay.. I will probably swith it around and have this mounted at the bottom and a second loop in the top... no other way to do it... anyways.. on to pics.. just before leak testing...

DSC_1114-1.jpg

DSC_1116-2.jpg

DSC_1117-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom