trying to help my father with his pc, and I have ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dav536 said:
Hello, my dad asked me to look at his pc and I had said ok. But when I got there he had let my uncle work on it and after that I dont know what the h@ll he did. now every time I start it up it lets windows start and then says that explorer did an illegal action, then it sits on a blue screen.

Anyone have any ideas for this, I would like to try and get it fixed soon as they use it for thier company info.

Dave

wow, we've been all through this.EXPLORER DID AN ILLEGAL ACTION. His dad said he wanted to start with a clean slate.

yeah, but didn't start off wanting to format. Pretty much was asked what os, then almost jumped into doing a recommend for driver problem (but not how to fix it), nothing listed for start up items, then the format band wagon. After he was recommended the format several times he conceded. Thats doesn't mean that was his primary goal, as previously listed. ;) Just for his reference, Explorer doing illegal operations does NOT mean explorer is corrupt, but means a module being called by explorer caused this and its being reported from there.

I can't argue with what you just said. He was given options.
maybe my mistake, but I was given the impression that he did not want to do anything in safe mode.

lol, well his loss! He'll find it'll probably be even harder formating and then restoring data (after a lengthy backup) then checking for startup and driver problems ;)

killians45 said:
lol, well his loss! He'll find it'll probably be even harder formating and then restoring data (after a lengthy backup) then checking for startup and driver problems ;)

what"s your problem, you couldn't let it lay could you? so now you are a psychic.

killians45 said:
Woah, calm down! Pointing something out is all. As far as psychic, I dont think so....

I don't care if you make your points, they are very good ones.
But don't tell me what to do, like calm down!

okay... question, if thats the case and you dont care if I make these posts and if they are good ones, why the previous comment? Like me pointing out that if it was just a normal vid driver problem, then it would take him much longer to backup data, reload, and then restore data to where you replied 'whats you're problem, you couldn't let it go could you? are you pschic now?' Seemed like you were getting ready to start some flamming to me, but I could be wrong.

get a boot floppy with partition magic 8, resize the primary partion. install win 2000. boot into that. backup your files. wipe the partitions and reinstall from scratch

killians45 said:
okay... question, if thats the case and you dont care if I make these posts and if they are good ones, why the previous comment? Like me pointing out that if it was just a normal vid driver problem, then it would take him much longer to backup data, reload, and then restore data to where you replied 'whats you're problem, you couldn't let it go could you? are you pschic now?' Seemed like you were getting ready to start some flamming to me, but I could be wrong.

Because you said "his loss" and you don"t know how it is going to turn out.

Now would you consider this-the father's son came here for help with his father's pc. The father had a problem with pc and the uncle possibly made it worse. how proud do you think the son will be that if something goes wrong with dads win98 and can't fix it he has learned to reinstall 98 and get him going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom