Do I Have To Update McAfee Virus Scan Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThriceLabs

Solid State Member
I purchased this software directly from the McAfee site as a download in November of 2008, so the subscription is valid until November 19, 2009. I work from home, and due to some recent problems, the company asked me to run a full scan. Nothing unusual was revealed. However, after the scan, McAfee now indicates that my computer is not fully protected. Specifically, identity and spam protection are not installed. (Computer and files are said to be fully protected.) When I click on "Fix," I get "One or more problems require your response." The page also provides links to "Get Full Protection" and "Ignore." The former takes me to the McAfee site, which features Virus Scan Plus and Security Suite available for purchase.

Since the current subscription is valid, I don't want to purchase them. How can I activate these protections without spending more money? FWIW, I do have a McAfee account.

Thanks very much!

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do, but now the company has told me to remove McAfee, and install AVG. They, apparently, have had very good luck with it. Thanks, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom