Dell D620 Freezing up when playing media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe1974

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone. This one has got me a bit puzzled. Over the last few weeks my laptop has started freezing whilst playing videos and also audio in media player.
At first I thought it must be something to do with media player. That was until my laptop froze again whilst playing some mp3's through mixmeister.

It then happened again when I tried to play my weekly shameless download on power dvd. I had to hold the power button down until the laptop went off and then tried to play it through vlc player and it froze again.

It only freezes up when playing videos and music. I read somewhere that I should uninstall any codec packs I have on the laptop and just install ffdshow and lame and directvobsub codecs and thats it, all media should play fine on them ? Nope, it is still doing it.

I have tried various anti spyware programs and have also downloaded a trial of system mechanic pro which has cleared a lot of rubbish off my pc and sped it up a bit but it is still freezing up. I have trawled the net looking for answers but dont know what the problem is ??????

Help me please. If you need me to do a Hijack this thingy, I have downloaded it but have never used it before if you want to tell me how to do it ? Oh and my laptop has 1 gig of ram.

Many Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom